How we work
1. Initial design consultation - after arranging an appointment in studio with us, we’ll discuss your project in detail and your individual needs in terms of function, materials, aesthetics and budget. Good planning now will save time and costs down the line. Bring architectural drawings with you – and if you don’t have any, we can conduct a site visit to establish existing structures and layouts with a view to gaining a complete understanding of your precise project requirements.
2. Design presentation - at our second meeting, we’ll present our first design proposal, unveiling our initial bespoke vision for your kitchen. We’ll include plans, elevations and 3D renderings of the proposed space along with specific material selection and proposed electrical appliances and costings for supply and installation. And at this stage, we request a commitment to proceed in the form of a deposit.
3. Concept development – on receipt of your deposit, we apply all your feedback on our initial design, refining the space to meet your needs and helping you carefully decide on all finishes and materials. Following presentation, we’ll confirm the final price to cover the overall cost of the furniture, appliances, worktops, and our fitter will visit your site to confirm all pre-installation details.
4. The Order process - on confirmation of the order, we will present you with final detailed drawings of the kitchen as well as electrical and water installation plans. Technical details are confirmed on-site and your kitchen is ordered from our suppliers. We’ll agree an installation date, and we keep in contact with your main contractor to monitor progress. Our designers are on hand at every stage to answer any queries or resolve any issues.
PLEASE NOTE - Terms and conditions To place the order for your kitchen, you will be asked to sign a contract-of- sale and to pay a 50% deposit of the total value of the project. The remaining balance will be due for payment ten working days prior to the delivery and installation on-site or one month after the arrival of the kitchen into our storage facilities whichever is earlier. In the event that the kitchen is not required within the next 3-6 months but the service drawings are required, we may require a service-drawing fee prior to placing the order, which is 10% of the value of the project.
5. Assembly – your kitchen will be assembled by our own bulthaup-trained installation specialist and your plumber and electrician can attend site during the final days of our installation to connect the appliances. Before the kitchen arrives, your bulthaup designer and fitter are already working closely together. On the day of delivery, your designer will also be on-site to discuss any details with the fitter. Installation itself will take 3-10 days depending on project complexity and you can soon begin to appreciate the style and substance of a bulthaup kitchen in your home.